Monday, May 4, 2009

School

Why does it take so long to get through school? I really don't like school.....*lol* I hate sitting in those plastic chairs, listening to teachers tell me that I have to do something a certain way.....& then tell me that they have to do this so eventually I can break out & do it my own way. How does that work?....*ugh*
Why don't those apptitude test they give us in High School actually do anything? I could have been done with school years ago had I known that I wasn't exactly cut out for teaching small children....*lol* (I get rather annoyed with them quickly). I can teach older kids & adults much easier.
I'm now going through the Photography program at Sacramento City College & will be transfering to UVU (Utah Valley University) and I keep thinking that I could have been done already had I known that I was better at this, than teaching music. I still might do both but I enjoy photography more than teaching music. Much less stressful....*lol*.
I've made so many friends as well in the photography program vs. the music program. Everyone seems to want the others to succeed & is willing to help. Yeah, we will eventually be competitive as well but it is a good kind of competitive. Not like when I was in the music dept. & people would beat you down & tell you that you would never be any good. And this was coming from the other students! I never made the friends in the music dept that I've made in the photo dept. True, had I been in the dept., 5 years ago, I wouldn't have met some of these people but I wish sometimes that I was done with school.

3 comments:

  1. Don't get discouraged by the fact that you are not done with school. Would you know for a fact that music is not for you if you haven't gone that route before? I switched many majors until I actually found something that I enjoy. I love to do many things and that's okay. That is what makes you a well rounded person. Keep at it. You'll do great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not that music isn't for me.....its just that I get so frustrated with young kids & that's who I was teaching. Maybe if I had been teaching older kids or adults I would have done better. I still might do some music, just not as much as before. I still love my music. It's just different now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry, misunderstood.

    I agree, little ones can be difficult to work with. The important thing is do what you love and everything else will fall into place. :)

    ReplyDelete